- Egg Donor Selection: The intended parents can choose an egg donor through a reputable fertility clinic or agency. Donors usually undergo a thorough screening process, including medical and psychological evaluations.
- Synchronization: The menstrual cycles of the egg donor and the recipient are synchronized using medications. This helps ensure that the recipient’s uterus is prepared for embryo transfer at the same time the donor’s eggs are retrieved.
- Egg Retrieval: The egg donor undergoes a process called ovarian stimulation, where she takes hormonal medications to produce multiple eggs. The eggs are then retrieved through a minor surgical procedure performed under sedation. This procedure is known as transvaginal ultrasound-guided follicle aspiration.
- Fertilization: The retrieved eggs are fertilized with the intended father’s or donor sperm in the laboratory. The fertilization can be achieved through either traditional IVF (where eggs and sperm are mixed together) or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), where a single sperm is directly injected into each egg.
- Embryo Culture: The fertilized eggs, now embryos, are cultured in the laboratory for a few days. During this time, they are monitored for development and quality.
- Embryo Transfer: The best-quality embryos are selected for transfer into the recipient’s uterus. This involves passing a thin catheter through the cervix and depositing the embryos into the uterine cavity. Any remaining viable embryos may be cryopreserved (frozen) for future use.
- Pregnancy Test and Follow-up: Approximately two weeks after the embryo transfer, a pregnancy test is performed to determine if the procedure was successful. If the test is positive, the recipient will continue to receive medical care and monitoring throughout the pregnancy.
As per Dr Anshika Lekhi | best ivf specialist Donor egg IVF has provided hope and the possibility of pregnancy for many couples and individuals struggling with infertility. It allows individuals who may not have viable eggs to experience pregnancy and childbirth using donated eggs from a carefully selected donor. As per the new law a legal permission and life insurance are seemed in name of the donor by the couple. But donor egg ivf can be a hope for many couples. To understand more consult the fertility specialist.
Our Gurgaon Centre:- 7505 Basement Bougainville Street, Near Supermart 2, Sector 43, Gurugram, Haryana – 122009
Our Delhi Centre:- B-73, MIG, D.D.A Flats, Chitrkoot, E of Loni Road, Pocket B, Shahdara, Delhi – 110093